Unpacking the Union Budget 2023: Key Highlights and Implications for India
01-Feb-2023 | Article by Legal White Official
Please find below Highlights of Union Budget 2023-24.
1. EPFO Numbers doubled to 27 crores
2. Agriculture accelerator fund to boost startup in Agri sector. Special scheme to boost fisheries
3. 38,800 teachers will be employed in 3.5 lakh Eklavya tribal school.
4. Capital outlay of Rs. 2.40 lakh crore for Railways.
5. 50 New Airports and Heliports to be made.
6. Rs. 10,000 crore for urban infra fund every year
7. Rs. 75,000 crore for 100 transport infra projects
8. 3 Centers of Excellence for “Artificial Intelligence” will be set up.
9. KYC procedure to be simplified. PAN to be come common business identifier.
10. Scope of Digi locker to be increased.
11. More than 39,000 compliances reduced. Jan Vishwas Bill to amend 42 laws
12. Rs. 35,000 crore for Energy transmission
13. 10,000 bio input research centers to be set up.
14. 30 Skill India International centers to be set up.
15. NFIR (National Financial Information Registry) to be launched for financial strategy.
16. Reducing cost of MSME Credit by 1%. Infusion of Rs. 9,000 crore in corpus for MSME credit.
17. ‘Mahila Samman Bachat Scheme’ for Women for Rs. 2,00,000 @ 7.5%
18. SCSS enhanced from 15 lakh to 30 Lakh.
Direct and Indirect tax
1. Promote domestic manufacturing and exports.
2. Tax exemption on Capital Goods and Lithium batteries.
3. Mobiles, camera lenses to become cheaper.
4. Gold, Silver & Diamonds, cigarettes, imported rubber to get expensive.
5. Enhanced limit for 3 crore and 75 lakhs for presumptive taxation.
6. Higher TDS limit of RS. 3 cr for Cooperatives
7. New IT Return Form for easier filing .
8. 100 Joint Commissioners to be appointed for disposal of small appeals.
9. TDS reduced on EPF withdrawal
10. Section 54 and 54F to be amended.
11. Rebate limit increased to 7 lakh in new tax regime.
12. Number of slabs reduced from 7 to 5 in new tax regime.
13. Only 5% tax on Individual’s Annual income of 9,00,000 only to pay Rs. 45,000 as tax.
14. Salaried class and pensioner: Standard Deduction increased
15. Highest tax rate 42.74 % reduced
16. Propose to reduced Higher surcharge rate from 37 % to 25% in new tax regime.
17. Leave Encashment: Limit increased from Rs. 3,00,000 to Rs. 25,00,000.