How can you File RTI Online Madhya Pradesh (MP)?
02-Dec-2021 | Article by Legal White Official
Citizens residing in MP can file RTI under the Right to Information act 2005 and can acquire any information from a public authority. A citizen can file both offline and online RTI in MP to get the desired information. Each citizen who wants to file an RTI needs to follow certain guidelines.
We have mentioned a few important points in this article that will make RTI online MP easy and simple for you.
RTI online Filing MP Steps
Given are some important steps and information which will make RTI online MP easy for you.
Get the Department right
Identify the correct department before filing an RTI. There are multiple departments, organizations, etc. in the state. To know which department can answer which RTI is of utmost importance. For Example, Issue schools and education should be filed in the education department of the state, complaints related to road maintenance, water supply, street lights, etc. should be filed in Municipal Corporation and likewise.
To know more about the state departments and organizations in MP click on the state government site or refer to the list given at the end of this article.
Get an RTI Question Right
What is your query? Why do you want to file an RTI? Where should you file an RTI? and more questions like this can confuse you easily. For example, questions related to the medical facility and a question related to Medical education need to be filed in 2 different departments. They cannot be a part of one RTI application.
To figure outright questions and reasons read more about RTI on the official website or reach out to experts at LeaglWhite connect with us through chat and we will take it forward for you.
Online RTI MP
- State Government of Madhya Pradesh facilitates RTI online MP through a website. Click on the MP RTI official link and file an online RTI in MP.
- Open the website and you can check out various information like RTI act, on-board offices, apply online link.
- Click on RTI online, the user will land on the login page if you are already a member login using a registered mobile number and a password.
- If you are not a member click on register and field on the given fields: complete name, active mobile number, email id, password, if you want to be updated on your WhatsApp click on yes and click on the register
- Once you are registered you have access to multiple services including online RTI MP Application. Click on the. RTI request option and keep following the steps or connect with experts at LeaglWhite
- For the ease of using the online RTI MP Service, the state government provides all the options in Hindi currently.
- Also look at the list of onboard offices before filing an RTI.
Offline RTI MP
A person residing in MP can also file an RTI offline. There is a fixed format for offline RTI. You can copy the framework given below and write it on the plain A4 sheet.
- Address and name of Central Public Information Officer
- Complete Name and address of the applicant
- Subject line including the issue
- Date, time, and period for which RTI is requested
- Detail of information required with complete details
- Preferred mode of receiving a reply to RTI\
- Preferred language for RTI reply
- Declaration of being an Indian citizen
While submitting the RTI form makes sure to get an acknowledgment slip
RTI Application fees
The basic fee of submitting an RTI application is Rs. 10 which can be paid through cash or DD or could be directly paid in the IPO office.
Fee Exemption – “No fee under shall be charged from any person who, is below poverty line provided a copy of the certificate issued by the appropriate Government in this regard is submitted along with the application.”
When can you expect a response to your RTI
Expect a reply within 30 days. If no information has been provided to you or you are not satisfied with the information provided by the state government, you can escalate it further by filing an appeal to the Appellate authority. Go for the second appeal in case you don’t get the answer-back or are still unsatisfied; the second appeal can be filed within 90 days. Read more
Filling an RTI can be as simple as you want it to be, read on frequently asked questions for more information on RTI act 2005.
RTI FAQS guide
- How to make payment for RTI application?
- How can I file RTI for state government?
- Who can file an RTI?
- How can I apply for RTI offline?
- Is ID proof required for RTI application?
- What happens if RTI is not answered?
- What Information can be denied under RTI?
- And more….
Madhya Pradesh Government Departments List
- Madhya Pradesh like Municipal Corporations (Indore Municipal Corporation, Bhopal Municipal Corporation, Gwalior Municipal Corporation, Katni Municipal Corporation, etc.)
- Madhya Pradesh Housing & Infrastructure Development Board,
- Madhya Pradesh State Veterinary Council,
- Madhya Pradesh Public Service Commission, Madhya Pradesh Road Development Corporation Limited,
- Madhya Pradesh Pollution Control Board,
- Madhya Pradesh Vidyut Vitran Company Limited,
- Indian Institute of Management Indore,
- Indore Development Authority, Mahatma Gandhi Memorial Medical College, Indore,
- Madhya Pradesh State Dental Council,
- DAVV, Barkatullah Vishwavidyalaya,
- M.P. Bhoj (Open) University, MP Professional Examination Board, etc.
For a complete list of state, departments visit http://rti.mp.gov.in/