How can I File RTI in Gujarat?
02-Dec-2021 | Article by Legal White Official
Gujarat forms the largest coastline in the country; it’s the fifth-largest state and is one of India’s most prosperous states. But this does not mean that state-citizen do not face any issue with the administration. Electricity issues, road issues, water issues, etc are faced by people in day-to-day life, besides these issues problems concerning development, social issues, etc are not very rare in the country.
These problems call for filing an RTI so that a citizen can get the right information and solution for the problem being faced. Gujarat state governments allow the people residing in Haryana to file an RTI following the RTI act 2005.
How to file an RTI in Gujarat?
Gujarat RTI can be filed both offline and online. Filing an RTI in Gujarat from either offline or online mode is of equal importance. A person filing RTI offline or RTI online Gujarat can follow the simple procedure to do it correctly.
Getting the Department right for online RTI Gujarat
RTI online Gujarat can be filed in any relevant department. Getting the right department is the first step of filing an online RTI. For more information on which department is the right one for your RTI filling you can checkout Gujarat State’s Website
For example, an issue with consumer products will be filled Consumer Affairs Food & Civil Supplies Department/Ministry. Complaints or issues with medical or health services can be filled at Health Department or Medical & Family Welfare Department/Ministry
List of few departments/ministries and corporations in Gujarat State
- Municipal Corporation
- Stamps and Revenue Department
- Agriculture and Cooperation
- Animal Husbandry and Fisheries Department/Ministry
- Backward Classes Welfare Department/Ministry
- Consumer Affairs Food & Civil Supplies Department/Ministry
- Endowments Department/Ministry
- Energy Department/Ministry
- Environment Department
- Forests Department
- Science and Technology Department/Ministry
- Finance Department/Ministry
- General Administration (Political) Department/Ministry
- Health Department
- Medical & Family Welfare Department/Ministry
- Higher Education Department/Ministry
- Housing Department/Ministry
- Industries and Commerce Department/Ministry
- Information and Public Relations Department/Ministry
- Information Technology
- Electronics and Communications Department/Ministry
- Employment Training and Factories Department/Ministry
- Law Department/Ministry
- Minorities Welfare Department/Ministry
- Panchayat Raj and Rural Development Department/Ministry
- Planning Department/Ministry
- Revenue Department/Ministry
- Revenue (Registration and Stamps) Department/Ministry
- Roads and Buildings Department/Ministry
- School Education (SE Wing) Department/Ministry
- Social Welfare Department/Ministry
- Transport Department/Ministry
- Women and Child Development Department/Ministry
- Youth Advancement
- Tourism and Culture Department/Ministry
- Mandal Revenue Office
- and more…..
Online RTI Gujarat Fees
An application fee for RTI in Gujarat is RS 20. RTI application cannot be accepted by any department until RTI fees Gujarat is paid. After paying the fees with the RTI application make sure to take the acknowledgment receipt as well.
Note: According to the RTI Rules, 2012, Citizens who belong to the Below Poverty Line are not required to pay any RTI fee. Moreover, a BPL applicant is required to attach a copy of the certificate issued by the government concerning the RTI application.
For more information on How to make payment for RTI application Click here
Filing an RTI Application Gujarat
For filling an RTI in Gujarat a person needs to follow the set format. They can either take a printout of the format or can write t on plain paper including all the information required.
Below is the screenshot of the format taken from the official website
For the fees payments fill only applicable option, if you have submitted the fees using demand draft than fill in the details of demand draft. If you have used court fee stamp than fill that info.
When will I get reply to my RTI Application
Expect the reply within the 30 days. If no information has been provided to you or you are not satisfied with the information provided by the state government, you can escalate it further by filing an appeal to the Appellate authority. Go for second appeal in case you didn’t hear back or still unsatisfied; second appeal can be filed within the 90 days. Read more
RTI Online Gujarat
Even though there is no official system for filing an online RTI in Haryana, but you have an option of filing it through legalwhite. All you have to do it reach out to us and we will make it simple for you.
Click on the link, RTI online form fill in the simple form and leave rest to our legal team.
Need help in filling form or need to talk to expert contact us and understand how is works. Filling an RTI can be as simple as you want it to be, read on frequently asked question for more information on RTI act 2005.