How can I File Online RTI in U.P?
02-Dec-2021 | Article by Legal White Official
The right to excise the power of the Right to Information Act 2005 is applicable in Uttar Pradesh as well. Along with RTI act 2005, there is a UP RTI rules, 2006 (includes info on the regulation of fees and cost), known as Uttar Pradesh Right to Information Rules, 2015.
UP RTI rules, 2015 is the basis of enactment of the Central Government’s RTI act in Uttar Pradesh. Citizens residing in UP can obtain required information by following both, RTI act, 2005 and UP RTI rules, 2015. Read more about it on the given official link.
Steps to file Online RTI UP
Follow a few simple steps and know the most important rules to file online RTI UP. We have simplified the rules and the requirement that needs to be fulfilled for RTI application submission in UP.
Online RTI UP - UP state government provides online submission of RTI through their official portal rtionline/up/gov. Click on the link and follow simple steps to submit RTI application
Things to be noted while filling online RTI UP
- Read all the given information and disclaimer carefully.
- Filing RTI application for other states will be rejected
- Check the listed out public authorities on the website before submitting the RTI application
- Helpdesk number and email id is provided for further help
- Use training video for a simplified understanding of filing RTI in UP
- Use ‘submit request’ to submit RTI application
- You can also use tabs to view your submitted RTI, to submit a first appeal, user manual, FAQs, and more.
Department and Public authorities in UP
You can find the list of PIOs and FAAs in UP state on the given link http://upic.gov.in/StaticPages/PIOFAA.aspx
Fees payment for Online RTI UP
Fees for filing Online RTI in UP is RS. 10 which can be paid through cash, DD, or can be paid directly to PIO. Applicants below the poverty line are exempted from paying the fees.
Fess charges according to the UP RTI rules, 2015
- Basic fees are Rs 10
- Inspection fees for records, for the first hour its Rs 10, and every 15 minutes after the first hour its 5 Rs
- For Information to be provided in CD or floppy its 50 Rs
- For information to be provided on plain paper is Rs 2 per page
- If maps are required, its fees depends on material or labor for the same
RTI UP application Framework
Although there is no fixed format for writing an RTI application, applicants can get a format from the official UP website or can click on the given link
- Fields to be included in RTI application
- State Public Information Officer’sDesignation and Official Address
- Applicant’s full name
- Name of father or spouse
- Applicant’s address
- Email address (not mandatory)
- Contact number
- RTI issue details
- Fee deposited details
- Any other document if required
Click on the link, RTI online form fill in the simple form, and leave the rest to our legal team
Need help in filling the form or need to talk to expert contact us and understand how it works
When can you expect a response to your RTI
Expect a reply within 30 days. If no information has been provided to you or you are not satisfied with the information provided by the state government, you can escalate it further by filing an appeal to the Appellate authority. Go for the second appeal in case you didn’t hear back or are still unsatisfied; the second appeal can be filed within 90 days. Read more
Filling an RTI can be as simple as you want it to be, read on frequently asked questions for more information on RTI act 2005